Dell Motherboard Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indobos

In Runtime
Anyone have any idea where I can find out what motherboard resides in my dell system? Where do I need to look or look for? Thanks in advance.

What specifically are you looking for, a replacement board? There might be a board number and a revision number printed right on the PCB.

Thanks for that. I am looking to upgrade my cousins CPU so I wanted to see if the mobo can handle it or to just upgrade the mobo and cpu.

The probability that you can change a Dell processor is really iffy. As for a motherboard replacement, that would be impossible since Dell cases are proprietary. Whats the Dell model number?

The probability that you can change a Dell processor is really iffy. As for a motherboard replacement, that would be impossible since Dell cases are proprietary. Whats the Dell model number?

HE has a xps unit and I have the inspiron 8400 that I am planning to upgrade since I bought myself a new PC. hehe. Need to give the wifey a lil something better. I was thinking if I just swap out the motherboards. I will make sure when I get my new P35 I will try it in the Dell cases. Should be a standard ATX case. But I will check for sure. Well see when I get back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom