Dual boot question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacharyt

Solid State Member
Just a question for anyone who has dual booted XP and Vista. I have a brand new XP machine w/ 3 harddrives, and want to dual boot Vista. Can the upgrade work, or will I have to go with the full version? also, is there going to be a problem with drivers between the two?:confused:

Just a question for anyone who has dual booted XP and Vista. I have a brand new XP machine w/ 3 harddrives, and want to dual boot Vista. Can the upgrade work, or will I have to go with the full version? also, is there going to be a problem with drivers between the two?:confused:

I had dual boot for 6months and experienced no issues. I have programs that are incompatible with vista so I just went back to xp.
I would just partition the main drive 20g with partition magic or equivalent and install there. Driver issues, vista is still buggy so drivers colliding isn't going to be the problem, it's the actual Vista os that you might run into problems.

Good luck

I dual booted, with vista isntalled, and my 2nd hard drive hjave xp. I dont see why the upgrade of vista wouldnt work. Also dual booting xp, then vista is much easier than vice versa.

Cool thankx. Deadpixel, thats why I opted for ABS to load XP on my system so I could dual boot Vista later. I've heard lotsa people r having problems with Vista on their machine first.

N e way, should I get the upgrade or teh full version? I've heard both ways that the upgrade might not work, that i should get the full version... N e one dual booted with the Vista upgrade with XP installed? Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom