HDR w/o AA or AA w/o HDR on Oblivion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
Hey what is the difference between HDR and no HDR. i see theres better quality with AA as there is no jagged like or anything but when i turn on HDR the AA automatically turns to none so i get all these jagged line but i don't know much of a difference between disabling and enbabling HDR. Also which gives better performance? AA maxed out or HDR on? It seems bad that even though i have no AA on i still get low fps which my 8800 GTS mostly suck at. every other games run pretty good on max settings like F.E.A.R.

That is just something that was implemented into oblivion. IMO HDR lighting is a better visual affect then AA, it is also a little more demanding then AA I believe.

ok so what actually is hdr? i know there are some tools that allow you to have hdr and aa on with ati card but dunno for nvidia anyways yeah i don't really get bothered with the jagged lines but i really get annoyed when it is around 6fps or even 10fps maybe 20 is the minimum i can tolerate and also i can't tolerate bad graphics where i had 1024 x 768 with lowest settings which sucks so bad.

There is a workaround to get both working at the same time i believe (only for newest cards tho). High dynamic range gives lighting which is looks much more like how the human eye percieves light.

I believe AA isn't necessary, if you were to play on high resolutions....because I think the higher resolution smooths it out, on it's own.

I am playing at 1680 x 1050 using hdr and i see NO jagged lines, there is simply no need for aa at high resolutions and hdr looks amazing

But not many people have a 8800GTX ... like you :eek:

I run max settings at 1280x768...and i get between 15 and 45 Fps dependent on were i am. In the cities i switch AA on, outside its HDR.

Does anyone know when the high end 8800GTX are going to come down in price (Sub £250) will it be like a year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom