What is the actual diffs b/w vistas

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdygeek

In Runtime
Like it says what are the differences between basic, premium, and ultimate. I am mainly a gamer and a student. Any help as to which one to get?

If you are going to drop the $$ for a OS don't get xp, vista is going to be required sooner or later. Might as well jump on the bandwagon now. The problem with incompatibility is becoming less common and any games worth playing from here on out will be compatible with Vista.

Basic is well... basic, doesn't have some of the fancy window stacking features and the biggest difference is it doesn't have the full media center integrated.

Preimium has the full media center and the fancy window stuff. I think it is the best value.

Ultimate has a few more wireless options and some more security stuff.

also you might want to seriously consider the 64 bit option i would highly reccomend it then pop in 2 extra gigs of ram and u are set

32 bit and 64 bit, the 1 u get depends on your processor, am i right? What i think you should do if you already have windows xp is to create a virtual pc from microsofts web site and you can run 2 os, 1 with xp the other with vista, that way the games you can't play go on the xp until they come compatible with vista:)
im thinking of getting vista prem

Jay_Bo , i work in a PC Shop and i am allowed to give 2 copies of vista to people ..

The Differences are

Home Basic - No Aero or Media Center - No Bitlockers - No Ultimate Extras - No DVD Tools
Home Premium - Aero - Media Center - No Bitlockers - No Unlimited Extras - DVD Tools
Buisness Edition - Aero - No Media Center - No Bitlockers - No Extras
Ultimate - Aero - Media Centre - Bitlocker - Extas and DVD Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom