Programs at start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

PERL

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have a question about programs that start when I
start windows. I don't wan't them to start up. I know there is some thing to write in "RUN". But I don't know what. Can some one help me. Or maybe there is an other better way.

Thank You

Bye :)

under RUN tab, type 'msconfig' select startup and uncheck whatever it is you don't want to load at start up. Reboot and check 'Don't display ...... and you're done.

To access the startup list type "msconfig" w/out qoutation marks in the run command box.

what if you type in msconfig in the run command box but it only loads awhile and then nothing happens?

Use Spybot! (make sure your in Advanced mode then | TOOLS | Start UP).....about a trillion times easier than MSConfig (well maybe not a trillion...)

The next person I have to tell this will get a BIG poke in the eye for being a DORK.

by the way, FYI msconfig doesn't work in win 2000 (least not in mine). U can download highjackthis and config what you want to start up and what you don't.

click run, type in "msconfig", choose startup, it will show u all the programs that active when start up your pc. U just click on the column of the programs that u dont want during start up to disable it. U will prompted to restart your pc for the settings to active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom