Appropriate Power Supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for backing me up.

@jive turkey:

Seeing as you 'know what you want', I suppose that you wouldnt want this GFX/CPU/MOBO Combination that would kill your proposed setup, for the same price, would you?

MOBO:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR NF4UAM2G Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

CPU:
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - Retail

GFX:
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100176L Radeon X1950PRO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

The reason I don't want AM2 is because then I'll have to shell out mo' money for new RAM.

Well the Video Card I'm getting has requirements of:
"Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 22 Amp Amps.)"
and
"An available 6 pin PCI-E power connector (hard drive power dongle to PCI-E 6 pin adapter included with card)"

Do either of those 2 fit the description?

Well the Video Card I'm getting has requirements of:
"Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 22 Amp Amps.)"
and
"An available 6 pin PCI-E power connector (hard drive power dongle to PCI-E 6 pin adapter included with card)"

Do either of those 2 fit the description?
They both have two +12V rails
the Rosewill has one 14A and 1 16A rail, while the cooler master has two 16A rails

You could get one of these:
Newegg.com - LOGISYS AD201 12v Molex to 12V 6Pin Adapter - Retail

and attatch one molex cable from each +12V rail into it

though I suspect the power requirements were made assuming you'd also have other devices attatched to the +12V rail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom