OCing my AMD advice, have i hit the limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the thign is it shutdown on me during a game of CSS, and coretemp and speedfan said it was 51 degrees max, and myh BIOS is set to shutdown at 65 so either the apps are wrong or somethign else went wrong

also this mobo only lets you increase the voltage by set amounts

ok since alll this happened at teh 2.8 mark i lowered it all abck to what i had before and my temps are still a bit to hi. is there anything that can happen to a CPU when it gets to hot that would cause permanant high temps even when the voltage is lowered? also im gettting crashes and some bottlenecking during general usage I.E FF,iTunes,Steam,MSN i dare even try a game at the moment.

ok since alll this happened at teh 2.8 mark i lowered it all abck to what i had before and my temps are still a bit to hi. is there anything that can happen to a CPU when it gets to hot that would cause permanant high temps even when the voltage is lowered? also im gettting crashes and some bottlenecking during general usage I.E FF,iTunes,Steam,MSN i dare even try a game at the moment.
I would get extra cooling for that chip.

If the temps are that high, I'd think about taking off the IHS, too.

well a zlaman is on my endless shopping list, but i dunno what happened becuase now its running back to normal idling in the low 30's. still at 2.7Ghz

i have that processor, the highest i got it was something like 2.7 with stock cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom