Thoughts on the Antec 900

Status
Not open for further replies.
anything u can recommend as i said i dnt overclock but i plan to in the near future wouldnt mind something that looks appealing :p LED FTW

I'm in the market for a new case for my 2000$ system but to be honest I really just can't consider the Antec 900 for a few reasons:

1. I don't really like to ever cheap out when it comes to the case

2. The Antec 900 looks horrible from an asthetics point of view in my opinion, no where near the class of a NZXT Zero case, which was my last case

3. Doesn't really seem to have above average stock cooling like the NZXT Zero case which had 8 stock fans

4. I'm really in the market for a full tower case to help with heat, expandability, and have plenty of room for my 8800 GTX and all that other junk

I'm in the market for a new case for my 2000$ system but to be honest I really just can't consider the Antec 900 for a few reasons:

1. I don't really like to ever cheap out when it comes to the case

The Antec Nine Hundred is far from being a cheap case. Not even a month ago this case was selling for $140 normally. It's only been over the last 2 weeks or so that the price has been lowered. I think this was more of a push for Antec to make even more money on a great case.

2. The Antec 900 looks horrible from an asthetics point of view in my opinion, no where near the class of a NZXT Zero case, which was my last case

I can respect your opinion on this as I personally do not like the looks of the NZXT Zero case.

3. Doesn't really seem to have above average stock cooling like the NZXT Zero case which had 8 stock fans

The air flow on the Nine Hundred is amazing. With the 3 120mm fans and the 1 200mm fan it keeps all the components amazingly cool. Just because a case has 4, 5 or 8 fans does not mean it's a better cooling case. Design and air flow is way more important than filling a case up with fans.

4. I'm really in the market for a full tower case to help with heat, expandability, and have plenty of room for my 8800 GTX and all that other junk

While the Nine Hundred is not a full tower case it is on the larger end of the mid tower case range. It can fit a 8800gtx and still have some wiggle room. There is plenty of room for expandability in this case, while not as much as a full tower case it still more than suffices.

Now please do not think this is a sales pitch for the Nine Hundred. Nor am I trying to make you pick the Nine Hundred over any other case. All I am doing is clearing up some misconceptions that you seem to be having regarding the space and cooling of the Nine Hundred.

**** I like the CoolMaster Stacker but there is no way in **** I will spend more than $150 on a case. I have problems spending $100 on a case as 99% of the time I will be the only one looking at it. I can deal with a great cooling case that can be a plain black standard rectangle case and have power puff girls on it for all I care as long as my parts stay cool when I overclock.

(I chose the power puff girls as an example because my daughter is loves this show and I know a case that has them on it will make her flip out and I am not sure she would ever leave the home office/computer room)

anything u can recommend as i said i dnt overclock but i plan to in the near future wouldnt mind something that looks appealing :p LED FTW
How much do you want to spend?

I personally have a Hiper Type-R 580W PSU
it's a really shiny blue, with two blue LED fans, which has modular cables (you can just plug in the cables you need)

It is a very reliable PSU, too.

are the others in their range good? one came in my oem hp and thought they always use stuff that can just do to job. but maybe i was rong

How much do you want to spend?

I personally have a Hiper Type-R 580W PSU
it's a really shiny blue, with two blue LED fans, which has modular cables (you can just plug in the cables you need)

It is a very reliable PSU, too.

dunno to be honest this one works to be round 50 or so might give it a shot as i said i dont overclock so i will suss it out while its under warranty and if not happy return it...
will be going today round 1 my car is getting serviced

The 900 case is a really good case. I've been looking at it myself. PCgamer used this case to build their 1400$ budget computer and gave it excellant reviews. The fans are controllable and it has ample spots for additional fans if wanted.

They said the only flaws they saw were....hard to remove the side panel, a ton of drive-bay thumb screws, and no eSATA port.

Compguys

The Antec Nine Hundred is far from being a cheap case. Not even a month ago this case was selling for $140 normally. It's only been over the last 2 weeks or so that the price has been lowered. I think this was more of a push for Antec to make even more money on a great case.

I can respect your opinion on this as I personally do not like the looks of the NZXT Zero case.

The air flow on the Nine Hundred is amazing. With the 3 120mm fans and the 1 200mm fan it keeps all the components amazingly cool. Just because a case has 4, 5 or 8 fans does not mean it's a better cooling case. Design and air flow is way more important than filling a case up with fans.

While the Nine Hundred is not a full tower case it is on the larger end of the mid tower case range. It can fit a 8800gtx and still have some wiggle room. There is plenty of room for expandability in this case, while not as much as a full tower case it still more than suffices.

Now please do not think this is a sales pitch for the Nine Hundred. Nor am I trying to make you pick the Nine Hundred over any other case. All I am doing is clearing up some misconceptions that you seem to be having regarding the space and cooling of the Nine Hundred.

**** I like the CoolMaster Stacker but there is no way in **** I will spend more than $150 on a case. I have problems spending $100 on a case as 99% of the time I will be the only one looking at it. I can deal with a great cooling case that can be a plain black standard rectangle case and have power puff girls on it for all I care as long as my parts stay cool when I overclock.

(I chose the power puff girls as an example because my daughter is loves this show and I know a case that has them on it will make her flip out and I am not sure she would ever leave the home office/computer room)

I respect your opinion and really wish there could be some direct comp case competition comparison when it comes to better air flow/cooling, because really this I think is the most important factor.

OK PEOPLES IT HERE FINALLY!!! went and got my parts today and the antec 900 can be described in one word AWESOME!!! got it on the lowest fan setting and my temps are sitting on a stable idle of:
Mobo 20 degrees
cpu 29 degrees (stock cooling)

still got the medium and higg test :p then some overclocking i think hehehehe
the flexiglow psu has proved good so far allows you to choose which cabes you need so everything is nice and tidy not a big jungle :p as mine was before and the led's go great with the case big fan on it so it dosent heat up much will test the name out once we start to oc

will post up some pics and stats in due time...

-joey-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom