My pictures don't show up when I open the folder in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathysvideos

Solid State Member
I was forced to get a new laptop when my laptop of 3 years died from various issues.

I purchased a new HP Laptop that included Vista.
Vista has been a challenge to me on various issues but I have been able to figure most of them out except for a couple of issues.

Here is a main one: On ANY of my other computers at work or home when I want to open a folder I've made with pictures in it, the folder opens, I see small images of my pictures or graphics or whatever.

When I transferred all my backuped files over to my new computer my 2 folders that I keep all my fun pictures in just show like a Windows drawing.
I CAN'T see my pictures unless I RIGHT CLICK and choose preview.

What the heck happened?
Is this the same for everyone else?

Or do I not have a setting right?

Any advice, help, or a pat on the back would be greatly appreciated! :confused:

Kathy
Welcome to KATCH Video Productions

Click view, thumbnails.

I don't have that option in Vista.

When I open the folder and see just squares, at the top I've clicked on "VIEWS" and my choices are:

Tiles, Details, List, Small Icons, Medium Icons, Large Icons, and Extra Large Icons.

Of course I've clicked on each one of those and I've yet to see any preview of my pictures where they should be instead of a square with a "cloud" in them.

Any other ideas?

Kathy

Hello,

vistaviewlx9.jpg

Click on the 'View' button on the blue bar to toggle the icon view, or click on the arrow to the right of the View button then select either 'Small Icons', 'Large Icons' or 'Extra Large Icons' for a thumbnail view of your images.

If that doesn't work, ensure that the 'Always show icons, never thumbnails' option is disabled. Press the Alt key on the keyboard and the menu options should appear below the address bar. Click Tools > Folder Options > View tab > Ensure that the 'Always show icons, never thumbnails' is unchecked, apply then ok.

vistathumbnailmn0.jpg

Hello,

Click on the 'View' button on the blue bar to toggle the icon view, or click on the arrow to the right of the View button then select either 'Small Icons', 'Large Icons' or 'Extra Large Icons' for a thumbnail view of your images.

I did, see my above post.

Alvin,

Where is?

Tools > Folder Options > View tab > Ensure that the 'Always show icons, never thumbnails' is unchecked, apply then ok.

In other words, where do I need to go for the Tools?

Hello,

You need to hit the Alt key in order to bring up the menu toolbar in Windows Vista.

If you'd prefer instead of having to press the Alt key all the time, you can set Vista to always show the menu toolbar by checking the following option in Folder Options:

vistamenuxm0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom