PC won't boot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

brycatanz

Solid State Member
I have a HP Pavilion a647c desktop that won't boot. It started when i tried to plug in a usb mouse, i heard a static zap. When i turn the power on the fans come on but nothing else. I have replaced the power supply, video card, cpu, hdd, and the the motherboard. Still the same problem, all the parts were known to be good except the mobo ( i bought off ebay and the seller said it wasnt tested). Anyone have any ideas besides buying a brand new mobo (which isn't cheap since hp doesn't sell them anymore) I also don't get any beeps, it doesn't even POST.
Thanks in advance.

i had same issues with an older hp. motherboard was the problem, except after a few pushes of the on button; it didnt even start the fans...just an led on the board

i had this same issue once with my pc. i had to replace the mobo. again make sure all connections are tight. did you buy it retail?

I originally thought it was the motherboard, but i wanted to try everything else first, I swapped out the cpu,hdd,psu,memory and video card with known good parts, still had the same problem so i bought a used exact mobo off ebay, still same problem. I'm going to buy a brand new motherboard and hopefully that solves it. If not, i'm trashing it!!!!!!

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom