unknown issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayer420

Solid State Member
hello, this is my first post here. ive searched the forums and couldnt find any info on my problem. 2 days ago i recieved a new customised build, specs are:

intel core 2 duo (e7600) 2.66ghz
2gigs of corsair xms2 pc6400 dual-channel ddr2 ram w/heat spreaders
xfx geforce 8500gt 512mb pci-e vc
asus p5n-e sli mainboard
western digital 500gb sata hd
soundblaster audigy se sc
lg dvd-rom/cd-r/cd-rw
x-dreamer case w/lcd temp display
apevia 680w beast psu
xp pro sp2

right off the bat i was having trouble installing programs, more specificly games and game updates...after 6 reformat/reinstalls of windows, same exact problem. medium and large installs fail 90percent of the time and when it does work the program dosnt work. windows reinstalls fine, but most program over 10mb in size gives me "install failed", "update failed", or "file is corrupt" when i just tried it on my other machine and it works perfectly. the most amazing thing is that every time it messes up, tech support keeps telling me to reinstall windows..guess what I DID 6x

ran hd and ram checks, both passed. i dunno if windows itself is messed up from the getgo or its hardware, not even sure if this was the correct section to post in but again i dont know where my problem lies. i really dont want to go through the trouble of sending it back when i waited so long for it already. tech support is no help.

thx in advance and if i didnt give enough info just ask and i wont hesitate to do so

only have 1 cd drive

connections triple checked....little more info = of the 5 programs ive unsuccessfully installed; 2 are from cd, 2 are from an exe on my desktop, and 1 iso from a networked computer. all of which work on 2nd computer

same results

UPDATE.

someone had me do install sheild checks and after 6 reinstalls with the same OS disk, the Installshield/Devoloper folder is missing

it makes sense to me, and im assuming that folder is crucial to correct operation of windows

what do yall think?

i would, but i have to ship the machine back at my cost. if i can avoid that at all possible i will. but that is a last resort, im just trying to fix it before i have to do that

now my xp home computer doesnt have that folder either, why does microsoft tell me to go to a folder thats not supposed to be there

oh i agree, but i keep having this thought in the back of my head: they sent it to me messed up in the first place. that kinda lowers their creditibility (sp?)

if i can get them to send me another copy of windows for free, that would be much better. im running another memory check right now just to make sure

dont get me wrong, i greatly appriciate everyones input..just telling everyone my standpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom