New to PC building & need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehana

Solid State Member
so here are the results:

ordering from both sites.
https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...stNumber=6828348&WishListTitle=minor+upgrades

Wish List TigerDirect.com

items to transfer from current PC to Upgrade PC:
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 XT 256MB DDR3 PCIe16
XFX - Products GeForceâ„¢ 6800 : Models

Sabrent 6-Channel 5.1 3D Surround Sound PCI Card
Sabrent 6-Channel 5.1 3D Surround Sound PCI Card SBT-SP6C at TigerDirect.com

Ultra / V-Series / 500-Watt / ATX / 120mm Fan / 20/24-Pin / SATA Ready / Power Supply
Ultra V-Series 500-Watt ATX 120mm Fan 2024-Pin SATA Ready Power Supply ULT31841 at TigerDirect.com
[specs seems the same as one that comes with case] [which 1 would be better to use?]

this is a first time build, so nothing too extreme yet.
don't want to mess things up [a little nervous].

notes: upgrade GPU and sound later, as i'm content with these at the moment.

uses: Sims2, Empire Earth, Age of Empires/Mythology & the like. web pages, graphics [paint shop pro 11, logo, animation.]

main thing:
!! please check compatibility !!

give a 1-10 [10=high] rating as to the functionality of what it's being used for.

any building tips would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

For what it's used for, it would have no problem running those games you listed. I don't know if you know this but after July 22nd, Intel C2D processors will drop in price especially the Q6600. I would definitely reconsider going Intel's route for the time being, that's just my opinion. ;)

i am looking to get into the 'higher' cpu's much later. as this is my first time building, i don't want to mess up and then lost out of the money i paid for the big stuff.

but looked at the case... that one seems better and a better deal with PSU combo...

thank you for your replies.
but as far as compitibility... it's good to go?

any building tips?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom