Warming up? (not eough power?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

menyo

Solid State Member
Hi,

Once again i have a weird problem i can't find a solution for.

When i start my PC it start with a black screen doing nothing, not even a system beep. Then after a while when i power off then immidiatly turn power on it will start up normally. But after a while this "warming up" took longer to start my PC. Now it's already on for 2 hours but i still can't start my PC. Could this be my power supply?

my power supply has not enough Watt for some hardware. So maybe it is my power supply. I realy appreciate some help/feedback. Thank you.

Srry for that,

asus P5ND2 SE
Intel pentium duo 3200
Ati radeon x1650 serie
1024 MB ram
western digital sata 320 GB harddisc
and a 300 Wat output from my power supply

A month after installation it started. Had to wait for a minute. Last week i waited about 15 minutes till it started up. Now it just won't :(. Hope someone can help me. thnx in advance.

Hello,

First, reset the BIOS. You can do this by finding the BIOS clear jumper on the motherboard (if one exists), or more simply by removing the flat lithium cell battery from the motherboard for 2 minutes, and placing it back again. Following that, check to see if the problem persists.

I did both, cleared the Cmos with the jumper and removed the lithium cell. Put them both back but the problem is still there.

It used to work perfectly except for the warm up when it was turned off for a while. It's a couple of months old, i bought this one becaus my other system also died.

Could it be my power supply? Just not getting enough power? If so i go get one real fast.

Hello,

Ensure that all cables and components are connected properly inside the PC.

Next, try removing and shifting your RAM modules around the DIMM slots. Remove one 512MB stick out and try again. Next, swap it with the other 512MB stick and try again. Also try shifting the 512MB module to another DIMM slot each time and power up the PC to see if the problem persists.

i have only 1 stick of 1024. I already tried putting it in different slots. Anyway thanks a lot for helping me out. I hope you got more tricks up your sleeve that might fix my PC.

-edit-
Keep in mind that it used to work in the setup i had it.

300watt powersupply

that is your problem, you are probably killing that powersupply and risk damaging other components

get a more powerful PSU. one from antec or coolermaster 400w or better

Ok i'll do that right away, I realy do hope thats the case or i'm ending up spending another 500 euro to fix my PC when i would be better off buying a totally new one for a view 100 more...

Whoooooohooooooo!

Fixed it with new power supply. Even got an anoying extra screen out of the way while looking trough my bios :D. I'm always happy when i get it to run and never look further. I just knew it whas my power supply but i guess i wanted another solution becaus i'm to lazy to go to the pc shop. And i had some jaw surgery today so that kinde hurt also. Now i can finally relax behind my PC and forget the pain :D.

But i can't kill my hardware by not enough power right?

Thnx a lot all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom