8800 GTS runs Really *HOT*...

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup same here...thats the price I pay for beautiful weather in california...that and traffic problems :(

... and earthquakes :)

but i really would get an 8 series.... i'll just save up for the 9 series, and have a pwning build for the price :)

I chuckle when people mention these "hot" temperatures. I've seen my x1950xt get to the high 90's under load, and it pretty much is always in the mid 60's at idle. Relax you 8800 owners, you are fine.

I chuckle when people mention these "hot" temperatures. I've seen my x1950xt get to the high 90's under load, and it pretty much is always in the mid 60's at idle. Relax you 8800 owners, you are fine.

um...Evga techies told me over the phone the graphic card shuts off automatically at 100 celcius...I don't think its fine for ANY card to even get near 100 celcius...

now that you mention it, its been a LONG time since we had a good one

pfffft we havent had a big Earthquake in so long, California isn't even known for earthquakes anymore. ::knock on wood:: seriously thought California owns every other US state :p the place where people come to fufill their dreams...

whoa , u think its hot over there. in aust. it reaches 40c a fair bit. in summer we see those kinds of temps all the time. and my temps are still relativley low. although i too have bout 6 fans

um...Evga techies told me over the phone the graphic card shuts off automatically at 100 celcius...I don't think its fine for ANY card to even get near 100 celcius...

ATI has said that the x1950xt officially runs safely at 100 celsius, but I don't think anyone with half a brain would want to be doing this consistently -- if at all.

pfffft we havent had a big Earthquake in so long, California isn't even known for earthquakes anymore. ::knock on wood:: seriously thought California owns every other US state :p the place where people come to fufill their dreams...

I lived in California for 5 years and it was the worst 5 years of my life. Outrageous housing costs, outrageous cost of living, outrageous gas prices. I would say its the most outrageously overpriced economy of all the other states but it definately does not own every other state.

I packed up and moved to Colorado and now all the Californians are flocking here. I was really hoping to get away from that overpriced environment now it seems to be heading out here :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom