Motherboard Questions & Help Me Find a Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the DS3R overclock the core 2 duos more then any of the 650i or 680i nforce mobos?

That seems quite high as my E6300 @ 3.6 does that but oh well

That's what it said... I'd post a screenshot, but the network card doesn't arrive until tomorrow afternoon.

I just finished 3DMark06, and scores are as follows:

SM2: 3597
HDR/SM3: 3662
CPU: 2815

The GPU runs really, really hot... I'll post another thread about that.

EDIT:
I don't see why the motherboard should make a big difference in overclock as long as the FSB speed is supported, and this 650i goes way higher than my CPU ever could... ease of overclocking should be mostly a BIOS thing with performance like that, I would think.

EDIT2:
I think the E6300 has a smaller cache than the E6600, which may be part of the reason mine did better in performance:Hz.

That's what it said... I'd post a screenshot, but the network card doesn't arrive until tomorrow afternoon.

I just finished 3DMark06, and scores are as follows:

SM2: 3597
HDR/SM3: 3662
CPU: 2815

The GPU runs really, really hot... I'll post another thread about that.

EDIT:
I don't see why the motherboard should make a big difference in overclock as long as the FSB speed is supported, and this 650i goes way higher than my CPU ever could... ease of overclocking should be mostly a BIOS thing with performance like that, I would think.

EDIT2:
I think the E6300 has a smaller cache than the E6600, which may be part of the reason mine did better in performance:Hz.

yep thats correct the e6300 has less cache than the e6600, but the e6320 and e6420 has equal cache as teh e6600

Can the DS3R overclock the core 2 duos more then any of the 650i or 680i nforce mobos?

Yes they overclock higher and also EASIER. I have my E6300@ 3.64ghz which I have never heard of a P5N-E or 680i doing with with an E6300. This thing reaches 520 FSB stable...

EDIT:

The motherboard has alot to do with the overclock. The DS3R is a very stable motherboard, and will hold higher clocks more stable than most motherboards.

I have got my Q6600 to boot up at 3.6Ghz on stock cooling and stock voltage(didnt leave it for long though...bit too hot). I dont know the in's and out's of motherboard circuitry, so i cant say why, but good overclocking is more than just higher FSBs.

The motherboard has alot to do with the overclock. The DS3R is a very stable motherboard, and will hold higher clocks more stable than most motherboards.

I have got my Q6600 to boot up at 3.6Ghz on stock cooling and stock voltage(didnt leave it for long though...bit too hot). I dont know the in's and out's of motherboard circuitry, so i cant say why, but good overclocking is more than just higher FSBs.

ya i guess the FSB limit has been pushed a bit more than the 965p, and intel got the extra juice out of their own chips, whomelse would know the most about intel chips? the ppl of intel :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom