my x1950xt arrived from newegg...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
Looks like it's in good condition. But they had foam balls on one side of the box and not the other... anyway.

I'm trying to do the rebate thing and I don't see the serial number anywhere. They said to "cut out the UPC barcode including the SERIAL NUMBER on the side of the box". There is a UPC and 3 other barcodes. It says P/N (product number?), SKU, and RoHS. But nothing about S/N.

There is a green label on the card and it has a barcode that says S/N on it. Do they want that?? I don't want to peel it off the card.... from the quote above, it seems like they want the thing on the side of the box... but I'm not sure if any of the barcode is the S/N...

help...

AHHHH, the four barcodes on the side of the box doesn't match the S/N sticker on the video card.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?? Should I peel the S/N sticker off the video card and send it in??

Anyone else have this same problem??

I can't find a number for Sapphire... All they have is a email tech service in USA, but no phone number. They only have phone #'s for Hong Kong and Canada. I'm in the USA... I emailed them... but no response yet.

What should I do if they don't respond to the email?

the canadians should speak english, and no i had no problem with my rebate

How many barcodes did you send in? Did yours actually say "S/N" on the outside of the box? Or did you just send in all 4 barcodes that was on the outside box..?

hey, the number that is under the UPC barcode is the S/N. the S/N isnt labelled "S/N" but its located directly under the UPC barcode. so the UPC code is actaully the S/N

like for example this is a barcode with the S/N or UPC code under it.
http://www.seeingwithsound.com/barcode.gif

i hope you get what i mean. also you don't have to cut out the box. you just have to photo copy it. i like to keep my box mint for display so i always photocopy instead of cutting it out.

hey, the number that is under the UPC barcode is the S/N. the S/N isnt labelled "S/N" but its located directly under the UPC barcode. so the UPC code is actaully the S/N

like for example this is a barcode with the S/N or UPC code under it.
http://www.seeingwithsound.com/barcode.gif

i hope you get what i mean. also you don't have to cut out the box. you just have to photo copy it. i like to keep my box mint for display so i always photocopy instead of cutting it out.

I can't see your picture. Anyway, are you sure the UPC barcode number is the Serial Number?? Because there is a S/N number on my video card and it doesn't match the UPC on the box.

They also said to include the "original" UPC... so I don't think I can photocopy.

Gotta love Sapphire / ATI products. With the box packaging the same thing happened to me, I guess it's just the way they like to ship their products.

Learn your lesson like I did... go green next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom