Any Other Computer Shop Owners Out There?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always wanted to open one, but lack the money. I know I would lose money on it, as I would want to have the latest stuff. The local shops here are so far out of date...

That would pretty much be my dream job, but I don't have the funds to actually open a shop and there's a lot of financial risk involved. All of the shops around here sell old computers, circa 2000-2004. They don't even carry pci-e cards or mobos. I am running a bit of a side business, though, which is picking up steam.

Why do you call it Derek's Custom Computers but not have computer construction/sales on your list of services?

Hey guys, Is there any Other Computer Shop Owners out there? Just opened one 2 wks ago and just wanted to know if there is any more on the forum?
Good Luck with or store. It's a lot of hardwork.

I don't own one, but I manage one.

In all honesty, there are easier ways to make money.

my question was: how many customers did you get from that website?

agreed.

More money in the servicing of the computer vs. the building of them... I started 5 1/2 yrs ago with custom building the computers. The name and Rep has been built. Not a good time to change the name. The market now is tooo tight with the profit in building computers. I still do a few a month but no where near what I used to build...

As for the website... A simple website will get more attention than a busy fancy website... Has to be Simple and to the point...

Thanks for the posts.... Guess some of the posts aren't what I was aiming at but guess you get what you ask for.... LLOOLL

I actually thought the site was nice and straightforward. Reminded me of a business card:happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom