First Build - Gonna splurge a little bit ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...forget the e6700, just get an e6420 or e6320. They can easily overclock past the e6700, and then some....but as peterhuang said, Intel is slashing prices, as well as introducing new C2Ds, on July 22. In that case, you should go for the e6750, which will be around the $180-190 mark. It is said to overclock quite easily to at least 3.5+GHz.

For the motherboard, theres one hot motherboard right now, and thats the Gigabyte P35-DS3R....futureproof, and an overclocker's dream.

Power supply....I would suggest the Corsair 620HX.

Hard drive....Samsung Spinpoint 500GB HDD, for only $110. Great deal. One of the faster 7200rpm hard drives out there.

I would also strongly suggest, you get a full tower case, such as the Thermaltake Armor, since you're getting the GTX.

Ahh yes, I guess I didnt do my homework lol.

I had been eying that same case many times before, good choice indeed :].

I am going to leave that cpu where it is partially due to laziness as well as I am not going to buy this for at least two months, lol. I expect the prices to go down, this is pretty much just an outline for what I will buy as well as something for me to drool at while I wait.

The mobo looks fine, Im not going to do any SLI so it should suffice. Then again I dunno much about which chipsets are better for what.

Nice hard drive :D.

Right now the P35 chipset, is the new champ overclocker....took the crown from the 965P chipsets. The one I suggested, is definitely the one to get.

Right now the P35 chipset, is the new champ overclocker....took the crown from the 965P chipsets. The one I suggested, is definitely the one to get.

yep... the guy retired and this p35 now rules intel-overclocking town

Yup, I have personally been using an Asus p35 board and I can say from experience that it is heavenly. If I just purchased some better ram I'd probably be hitting close to 3.5 Ghz with my e6320.

"Yep...my new fav to recommend. About $30 more, for 180GB more, from the Seagate."

lol....That comment was by me...anyway...yea I like that Samsung Spinpoint. I'll be buying it this summer.

How is the onboard audio on most boards like that? I'm thinking on setting up maybe 5.1 or 7.1. Am I gonna want a good card for this?

Also, I've noticed that most memory kits come in sizes of 2 1 gig sticks, will I notice a boost with 2 of these kits?

Will going from 2 to 3.whatever gigs warrant the extra 100 dollars or so?

Im thinking of going with either Corsair or Patriot.

The onboard audio of most motherboards now, is pretty decent. No need for a sound card, if you're not picky about sound.

The only way you'll notice a boost with going 4 gigs of RAM, is if you do CAD, graphic design, or video editing.

Going from 2 to 3 gigs of RAM, doesn't justify the extra money spent. 2GB is optimal right now, for gaming and general use. 3GB won't do you much.

Go with either the popular G. Skill HZs, or a another great alternative...the Crucial Ballistix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom