First Build - Gonna splurge a little bit ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.

saladfork

In Runtime
Alright, so I finally nailed down a job and am starting to plan out a build that I'm gonna save up for. As stated above, I am gonna splurge a bit and buy some pricey parts. I am gonna need to buy everything, including a monitor and all that good stuff, heres what I'm looking at now.

>>>>>

Case-

Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
Newegg.com - Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

Processor-

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail - Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

Fan -
Thermaltake CL-P0401 110mm Full-Range Fan CPU Cooler - Retail -
Newegg.com - Thermaltake CL-P0401 110mm Full-Range Fan CPU Cooler - Retail

Mobo -

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

HDD -
SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

<<<<<

And thats about it for right now. I'm aware that the stock cooler for the cpu would work fine, but I love thermaltake and its more of something to stroke my ego with. Anyway, I'm not as familiar with motherboard or graphic card sellers to be confident enough to pick one out, so I'm open for suggestions. For the motherboard, I really don't know what it is I would look for in one nor do I know which brands are best.

As for the video card, any form of the 8800 GTX would be nice :].

Same goes for power supplies and hard drives, I dunno which brands are good, but I'd like one that spins at around 7500 rpm and 300 gigs would be good, I'm also open to the option of RAID, so if there are hdd that for some reason are better for that, I'd like that to be noted.

It'll take me a few months to gather the money for this, so if it takes long enough, I may just switch to a 9 series for the video card and a quad core cpu if the price lowers enough ;].

if u wanna buy urgently, don't buy the e6700 get an e6600 instead and overclock it, because the e6700 is 300$ for an extra 266 mhz, NOT WORTH IT!!!

Um...forget the e6700, just get an e6420 or e6320. They can easily overclock past the e6700, and then some....but as peterhuang said, Intel is slashing prices, as well as introducing new C2Ds, on July 22. In that case, you should go for the e6750, which will be around the $180-190 mark. It is said to overclock quite easily to at least 3.5+GHz.

For the motherboard, theres one hot motherboard right now, and thats the Gigabyte P35-DS3R....futureproof, and an overclocker's dream.

Power supply....I would suggest the Corsair 620HX.

Hard drive....Samsung Spinpoint 500GB HDD, for only $110. Great deal. One of the faster 7200rpm hard drives out there.

I would also strongly suggest, you get a full tower case, such as the Thermaltake Armor, since you're getting the GTX.

Um...forget the e6700, just get an e6420 or e6320. They can easily overclock past the e6700, and then some....but as peterhuang said, Intel is slashing prices, as well as introducing new C2Ds, on July 22. In that case, you should go for the e6750, which will be around the $180-190 mark. It is said to overclock quite easily to at least 3.5+GHz.

For the motherboard, theres one hot motherboard right now, and thats the Gigabyte P35-DS3R....futureproof, and an overclocker's dream.

Power supply....I would suggest the Corsair 620HX.

Hard drive....Samsung Spinpoint 500GB HDD, for only $110. Great deal. One of the faster 7200rpm hard drives out there.

I would also strongly suggest, you get a full tower case, such as the Thermaltake Armor, since you're getting the GTX.

dang... 110$ for a 500gb HD??thats amazing!!! bye bye seagate... hello samsung :)

Yep...my new fav to recommend. About $30 more, for 180GB more, from the Seagate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom