Third-party HS/F for x1950xt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I'm looking for a good heatsink/fan for my x1950xt. Not that mine is really loud (I don't even hear it), but I want something that cools it better.

I want a hs/f that exhausts out of the case, if there is a good one. But, either way, i want one that does a good job without sounding like a jet engine. ;) And, yes, I have combed NewEgg, but didn't see anything that jumped out at me, but I may be overlooking a diamond in the rough.

Anyway, give me some suggestions/recommendations.

Thanx.

what i do for my 88GTS is i have a side fan blowing on it and then i got a thermaltake 80mm pci fan for an extra exhaust and it works pretty well

Ya, I don't know of any after market coolers that have the exhaust feature.

I presume that the Zalman coolers don't fit the 1950?

There are some Zalman that fit, as well as several others. There are a few coolers that exhaust outside, but not a lot of them. I'd rather get the heat out of my case, though.

I don't have any side fans... Nor do I have any side windows. I prefer a solid case without a lot of lights. I was going to rig up some make-shift ductwork to direct exterior air into my card... I might have to actually do it.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Why not get a good cooler that fits and then use a Rosewil RFX PCI Blower that has the exhaust. Reseat the new heatsink with the new MX-2 that came out..i would guess that would cool your temps down the most.

There is no effective way to capture the hot air from a conventional heatsink, as it blows onto the card and radiates outward. My card would be cooler, but everything else would be hotter.

I'll do some nosing around and see what I find.

Well, I may have solved my own problem. I have finally gotten the SMP client of Folding to work, so I'm not using my GFX card to Fold right now. My temps are back down by a wide margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom