e660 boost fps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdeadweightxx

In Runtime
so imma be going from a 3700 to an e6600.*edit* I currently have an 8600gt. Will this cause much of a performance difference in games.

btw, prolly gunna get 2gb of g-skill ram at that if that really matters heh.

Was it a 2X 3700+ ?

Well anyway, you should see some increase, but dont expect a huge leap. Going from my old system (3500+, 1GB ram) to my new one (same gpu) i didnt see a huge difference. Games rely heavily on the gpu, but you should see a difference in how smooth it is i think, but maybe not to much in raw fps.

You will see a big difference in multitasking, your computer will run faster, and most of the application you use will run faster.

However, I don't think you will see a huge difference in games, but depends on which game you play............

For example, you might see difference in supreme commander, because this game is CPU-intensive and it can utilize dual cores.

But you might not see any difference in games like Doom3, because Doom3 is GPU-intensive games, and it can't even utilize two cores......

AnandTech: Intel's Core 2 Extreme & Core 2 Duo: The Empire Strikes Back

AnandTech: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion CPU Performance

In this test it get more than 20 more fps than the 3800+ x2, which is about equal to a 3700+ in the other test, and considering that both tests run in crossfire X1900XT they should be even, you will notice a pretty hefty fps increase, or so I would think (a very large increase according to these tests, in Oblivion that is) . It won't be as big in games that don't utilize multiple-cores and/or less-cpu intensive but still should be plenty fast.

AnandTech: Intel's Core 2 Extreme & Core 2 Duo: The Empire Strikes Back

AnandTech: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion CPU Performance

In this test it get more than 20 more fps than the 3800+ x2, which is about equal to a 3700+ in the other test, and considering that both tests run in crossfire X1900XT they should be even, you will notice a pretty hefty fps increase, or so I would think (a very large increase according to these tests, in Oblivion that is) . It won't be as big in games that don't utilize multiple-cores and/or less-cpu intensive but still should be plenty fast.

Hmmm, i just didnt see that kind of performance increase, even in oblivion... oh well.

No, it is a single core

You can see a list of all Athlon64 processors from here
List of AMD Athlon 64 microprocessors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There no such thing called Athlon 2X 3700+,.... so it is a single core

My mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom