Video card suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero1424

In Runtime
hypothetically, if I where to save up $200, which video card should I get? For HL2 thats coming out, planning to play CS2... which I heard is going to be on Direct3D instead of OpenGL.. Well I don't know, someone point me in the right direction. Best possible video card for $200 for Direct3D/CS2

$200 is a bit short, if you an spend around $220, get a 9800PRO (www.newegg.com)

Otherwise go for a 256MB Radeon 9600XT.

The PRO is a huge leap in performance though.

BTW, I shouldn't be saying this, but I can run HL2 without any lag on my PIII 600 system (which I'm selling, look at the specs in the link in my sig) on lowest quality, of course. (With a 9200SE, though)

My friend has a Sapphire 9800PRO, and he hasn't had any issues.

Also, there are a lot of good reviews about the Sapphire 9800PRO on newegg's site. Ultimately, it's your decision.

I heard a lot of of complaints about Sapphire.

Yeah, U can get a 9800pro for 200$ or maybe even less if U r willing to wait for a few weeks.

rakesh_1024 said:
I heard a lot of of complaints about Sapphire.

Yeah, U can get a 9800pro for 200$ or maybe even less if U r willing to wait for a few weeks.

Whats to happen in a few weeks?

dude, just use the ati trade up program on their site. a 9800 pro is 200 plus $50 off for the vid card you trade in.

Yah get like 23 more dollars and buy the ati 9800pro from newegg.com Its 223 bucks for the one made by ati.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom