Bootmgr Is Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdcmoon

Baseband Member
I have had a new HP dx2300 tower which has the following error message when attempting to boot from the hard disk... "BOOTMGR is missing press ctrl+alt+del". The system is running Windows Vista.

I have ran hdd diagnostics and i have attempted the HP recovery several times.

Hello,

So HP recovery has not fixed the problem?

Firstly, ensure that all cables are connected properly to your hard disk drive. Secondly, ensure that your hard drive is set as the 1st boot device in the BIOS.

Is there any way you can get into command prompt, perhaps through system recovery options?

systemrecovery.png

Available options may differ in HP recovery, however.

There is no option to boot to a command prompt from the recovery partition just an option to restore to a previous time or a full system recovery.

Now when i attempt the recovery it will do it in about 10 seconds which i know is not right so i guess the recovery partition maybe corrupted too.

Hello,

I understand.

I think you're right. Do you have a set of HP recovery discs or have none been burnt?

Request a set of recovery discs from HP and use it to recover your system.

Alternatively, if you can get hold of a Windows Vista Installation DVD, you could use it to re-install Vista (though using a retail version of Vista will of course mean that you'll have to obtain and install the system drivers yourself).

Thank you for your help i have telephoned HP and they have agreed to declare the machine "dead on arrival" and will swap the machine.

I had this problem with another file but all you had to was boot from os disc it enter instead of R for recovery console, then hit R to repair and it repairs the file. however i did try it through recovercy console in didnt get anywhere, at least you got a new 1 lol but wasnt need lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom