more news about Dave Orton leaving n why....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
With Orton a goner, AMD wipes graphic slate clean

here is a quote of the second half of the article answering y he left:

"The only weird thing is that the AMD spinners put together a press release saying that Orton was leaving "with mixed feelings". Relief? Sadness? Happiness?

Insiders at ATI tell the INQ that he emailed former staff of the graphics firm about his move and made a rather eloquent case for spending - as the formula goes - more time with his family. It appears that he had the option to leave on the anniversary of the AMD takeover - the 29th of July. But did he also have the option to stay?

Less charitable insiders hint that the departure of Orton will act as a flag to other ex-ATIers that the king is dead, and Hector Ruiz rulez.

Perhaps if the release had given some hint of "the mixed emotions" Orton felt, there wouldn't be this kind of speculation. That speculation is also fuelled by anticipation of a special investors meeting AMD is holding in the next few weeks, and then the quarterly results will give a clearer view of how the chip firm is performing against its aggressive competitors in the shape of Nvidia and Intel.

If the results are not good and the firm continues to be in trouble, by getting out now, Orton has drawn a clear division between himself and the current AMD management.

And while Orton is spending more time with his family, it appears it won't be for long. Because the Globe & Mail article said he's not ready to retire and is considering what he'll do in the Autumn."

wow, looks like Dave Orton gave up hope. He should of stayed but hey it was his choice.

maybe he'll end up in intel/Nv business :D

man i really want amd to pull it together and dominate the market with their quads and hopefully sum new gpu. ive had 2 intel systems and want the next to be a amd/ati

oh i c, this stinks tho, i hope amd can get it together, cuz no1 likes a monopoly on CPU's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom