ATI drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
yo b1gapl i need to find the radeon 9250 omega 6.11 drivers, google isnt helping much, if it gets me better halo performance :) very good... then

yo b1gapl i need to find the radeon 9250 omega 6.11 drivers, google isnt helping much, if it gets me better halo performance :) very good... then

Starting from Catalyst 6.6 and up, the following cards/chipsets (including Mobility) are no longer supported by the ATI or Omega Drivers:

7000 Series
7200 Series
7500 Series
8500 Series
9000 Series
9200 Series
9250 Series

For these cards please use the Omega Drivers v3.8.252 or older, thank you.

That's what it says from their site. But I did find the older version, that should work. Heres the link:
ATI Omega Catalyst 6.5 v3.8.252 (2000/XP) - Download - Short-Media.com

OmegaDrivers.net
im running V3.8.360

what you need b1gapple the ones that work with the "X" range. and to install them i screwed up once so this is how i did it
uninstall via device manager, and removed theATI folder at C:, reboot then run the installer. i supose for a cleaner install you could use driver cleaner.
if you do it right in device manager it should say omega next to the Video device name.

I had forgot about Omega drivers.

I just installed the 3.8.360 myself.

i installed them too, i got a fps increase.... on halo :) from 20 fps on legendary mode with loads of enemies, i got 16fps rather than the 6 i usually get, on multiplayer i get 40 fps rather than 32fps which is a nice change :)

I haven't tried it yet, because I just reformatted my computer, with the X1950PRO. I will try it today though, and report back. Did you use FRAPS to records the fps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom