Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, thanks for clearing that up, I'm not sure I just read that on the forums. That means the 9 series is going to be unbelievable i'm guessing?
Sounds like that's what I'll be saving up for..

Yeah, thanks for clearing that up, I'm not sure I just read that on the forums. That means the 9 series is going to be unbelievable i'm guessing?
Sounds like that's what I'll be saving up for..

yeah supposedly from the rumors its supposed to be up to 3x more powerful then the current 8800gtx...but that is speculation.

Why make such a card when G92 is already coming out soon?

exactly:D

the 9800gtx will have 1teraflop of power i think. while the gtx has 330megaflops or sumthin. but this does not actually mean it will give 3x better performance. the 2900xt had more megaflops than the gtx.

Nice, but the 9 series supposedly will do ALOT better in dx10, considering the 8 series kinda suck at it...

i wouldnt saythat is true at all. for example look at crysis, prob best looking game yet, and its basically built rounf the gtx. every video u see of them playin is ran by a gtx and seems to run fairly well for a game that seems to be similar to oblivion to its time. other than that there has not really been any full optimized dx10 games yet.

exactly:D

the 9800gtx will have 1teraflop of power i think. while the gtx has 330megaflops or sumthin. but this does not actually mean it will give 3x better performance. the 2900xt had more megaflops than the gtx.

if ATi had better drivers to run their card. i know it doesn't directly mean the card will be 3 times better but it means that it should do very well when given the right drivers, because it has plenty of processing power behind it.

if ATi had better drivers to run their card. i know it doesn't directly mean the card will be 3 times better but it means that it should do very well when given the right drivers, because it has plenty of processing power behind it.

agreed, that exactly what i thought wen i saw the amount of processing powwer on those things. but still im sure theres sumthin else about the card sumone here would no that stopped it from being so great.

i wouldnt saythat is true at all. for example look at crysis, prob best looking game yet, and its basically built rounf the gtx. every video u see of them playin is ran by a gtx and seems to run fairly well for a game that seems to be similar to oblivion to its time. other than that there has not really been any full optimized dx10 games yet.

Yes that is the problem. There are no optimized games, yet there are still games with dx10 capability, and the 8 series havent done very well (no card has) and this is what i was refering to as it is the only test we have. I'm just not so sure about crysis running under dx10 on the current range, i havent seen that much of it running under dx10, only small clips with not so great frame rate...

Still, im sure the 9 series will show a huge leap to dx10 as we start to see full dx10 games come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom