Will an 8800GTS be enough for a good gaming system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
like kobe said, the 9800gtx should be launching this year. but those are likley to be delayed like everything else.

yep... which is why i'm not blowing all my cash on a vid card right now, i'm just gonna get an x1950pro or an x1950xt and upgrade to 9 series, and just give the card to my gf or something assuming her PC can run either

man the 9 series makes my gtx seem like a waste of $800:( ill just sell my gtx sumwhere hopefulyl then bring in the 9800gtx

I would definitely get the 640 mb version because I have a 20 inch widscreen monitor. I would think the 8800GTS should be good for awhile.

just get teh 320MB, then later on (assuming you have the proper equipment) you can add a second video card when the prices drop, and run it in SLI. thats what my plan is

I would definitely get the 640 mb version because I have a 20 inch widscreen monitor. I would think the 8800GTS should be good for awhile.

The monitor size will not make a difference until you get around a 24in monitor. It's the resolution that makes the major difference. If you are gaming or using a resolution under 1600 x 1200 than you have no need to go over 8800gts 320mb UNLESS you have the money and you want to blow it. The 8800gts 320mb card will suffice. Anything over that resolution or 24in and larger monitor you will want the 8800gts 640mb or the 8800GTX.

The 8800gts will last about 1 year.. maybe 2 years if you want to hold off on upgrading for a bit. Whether its the 320mb or the 640mb it will last the same time (1-2years). So, its ultimately up to you and what you are comforatable paying. Just wanting to make sure that you don't have to spend the extra $100 on the 640mb card if you are not gaming over 1600 x 1200 or don't have a 24in or larger monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom