What I decided on for a new built computer - With questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the current updated list with the help from everyone I am now at this as a system, getting very close to having a complete list.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADO3600DDBOX

BIOSTAR TForce TF7025-M2 Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7025 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

What type of graphic support does this have?

SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe and Software Black IDE Model SH-S182M/BEBM - OEM

Kingston 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model KVR800D2/1GR

FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX400-PN, RoHS, 12cm FAN, version 2.2, 2 SATA, 20+ 4 pin, PCI Express, 400W Power Supply

SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Case - Looking

From what I have read OEM means I will have to buy cables of some type?

I want to make sure I have everything to make this run, and that what I have here will run correctly.

Hoping the power supply is good enough and I may want to add a graphics card in the future.

I would like to confirm that 1GB of ram will work for awhile.

Thanks

The onboard graphics of that motherboard, is the GeForce 7025.

OEM means, you get just the product, and nothing else. For example, the Samsung DVD burner, you're getting. You only get the optical drive itself. No cables, manual, or box. It just comes in bubble wrap.

That power supply, has enough power or amps, to handle high end video cards.

Thanks

The GeForce 7025 looks to be good enough for now.

Looks like I have all the information required to make a purchase within the next month or so. Room for upgrades too.

You only get the optical drive itself. No cables, manual, or box. It just comes in bubble wrap.

Does it require cables that will not be included with the other parts?

Like san21893 said, you'll need an IDE cable to connect it to the motherboard. The motherboard, since it's retail, should come with the necessary cables. I'm assuming that hard drive is OEM as well, and the motherboard would have this cable, included too.

Great,
The floppy, DVD drive, and hard drive are all OEM I believe.

I am still thinking about the PCI shots for later upgrade, at least one will be taken with an adapter and another with a graphics card in in the future if needed. Maybe that is all that will be needed.

How much memory does the NVIDIA GeForce 7025 have?

I did look it up, yet could not find that information.

Thanks

It will depend on how much memory, you have in your system. Since you have 1GB of memory, it will take up 128-512MB of memory.

Will it handle much in the way of games?

I have looked at a few cases, what would be the best computer case for the above for $30 or less?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom