MX-2, Oh you gotta be kidding me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
less than 5 days after I finally track down and purchase a tube of Arctic Cooling MX-1 Thermal Compound on ebay for an inflated price, Arctic Cooling releases their new Thermal Interfacing product, MX-2.

According to their website at least, it's even better.
Arctic Cooling

So... since my MX-1 just arrived today, should I apply it as planned? or just give it to my buddy at the local tech shop and start looking for some MX-2?

Yea, I know. lol. Still, I'll probably end up buying a tube of MX-2 when I see it, so I'll have it on-hand for next time.

Still funny in a kinda sad way when you spend so long looking for the best of the best, and when you finally get it you're outdone the very next day.

Just stick with your compound. One degree isn't going to be the end of the world. That money could be better spent somewhere else.

According to the Arctic Cooling site, they both have the same recommended retail price.

It's probably going to less pricey for a while with supply and demand taken into account... I had to cough up $13 to get a tube on ebay, since none of the retailers had any in stock. Now with MX-2 on the market, it's likely that the retailers will start carrying the new compound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom