This video card or that video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if SLI and Crossfire are a waste then why are they making all these boards with them? Every Gamer Mobo that is recommended I see SLI / Crossfire offered? Is it just offered just because in case someone wants to waste that much money on having 2 cards they don't need?

the DSR3 isnt SLI or Crossfire and it has to be the most recommended boards on here

its just there to say its there

but yes its a waste of money

It's not so much a gimmick but a hype. Magazines make SLI and Crossfire sound so good with their "Up to 80% Performance Increase Than Single Video card!"

However in reality most times you are paying 100% more the price for an extra card and gaining 25-35% increased performance....still not so computer savvy people will listen to the magazines and think their SLI 8600's are kicking ***! While in reality a single X1950XT for only 180 bucks destroys them in SLI.

It's not so much a gimmick but a hype. Magazines make SLI and Crossfire sound so good with their "Up to 80% Performance Increase Than Single Video card!"

However in reality most times you are paying 100% more the price for an extra card and gaining 25-35% increased performance....still not so computer savvy people will listen to the magazines and think their SLI 8600's are kicking ***! While in reality a single X1950XT for only 180 bucks destroys them in SLI.

gotta love them x1950xt's :)

Luving mine so far. I pulled the heatsink off last night and put some MX-1 on it. Once it is cured I'll see what the temps run. I'm folding with it, so it is under constant load.

Luving mine so far. I pulled the heatsink off last night and put some MX-1 on it. Once it is cured I'll see what the temps run. I'm folding with it, so it is under constant load.

how do u do that? screws or something

I've got a set of precision screwdrivers... those tiny ones for like eyeglasses and stuff. It's really simple to do, but it made me nervous... I didn't want to drop it.

The GPU was cool, though... looked like it had a purple glazed exterior. It was a lot smaller than what I thought it would be. My next step is to get a good third-party cooler for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom