P5B Delux + Zalman Cooler and E6300, or E6700 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Thankyou :cool:
I read it, but it doesnt tell me when and why i should increase the Vcore, only by how much i should increase it.

Increasing the Vcore raises temps alot and decreases CPU life expectancy ... right ?

Why Thankyou :cool:
I read it, but it doesnt tell me when and why i should increase the Vcore, only by how much i should increase it.

Increasing the Vcore raises temps alot and decreases CPU life expectancy ... right ?

You increase the Vcore to make the overclock stable....use sites such as overclock.net or even here to find people with similar hardware and you have a good starting point...then go from there.

Yes it does raise temps but at stock C2D are still well below the Intel max recommended temperatures so theres room for overclocking even on a stock cooler a little...but get the Arctic freezer pro 7 for only 20 bucks. As for life decrease your looking at maybe 2 or 3 years most from the 10 year life expectancy. I don't know too many people who if they have the money to buy a new system plan to keep it for more than even 5...

So if i over clock it'll last 2 or 3 years... lol i will probs change it within half a year.

So if i over clock it'll last 2 or 3 years... lol i will probs change it within half a year.

No he didnt say that he said that: he said that it would take 2-3 years OFF the life of the chip which normally has a 10 year life- i.e. it will have a lifespan of 7-8 years.

Omg..lmao. Lol im always going to overclock now i know that.

So to get this clear...im ordering the DS3R ... and Artic Freezer 7 Cooler ?

Now im confused, you guys are saying this is one of the best Overclocking mobos this review seems to think its a little lacking, and its overclocking abbilities arn't that good. Techgage - Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R

IS it because its the P35C ... should i get the P35 ?, whats the difference.

So just to confirm this is right > eBay.co.uk: Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R Intel (SKT 775) PCI-E Motherboard (item 260130780220 end time 20-Jul-07 22:01:15 BST)

and > eBay.co.uk: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Skt 775 CPU Cooler rec del (item 220128028526 end time 15-Jul-07 00:48:17 BST)

and > eBay.co.uk: Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste/Grease 3.5g (item 290137877612 end time 20-Jul-07 08:36:13 BST)

Sorry for all the questions, just want to be sure when upgradeing my pc :)

Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom