Is it getting time for me to upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechtech3000

In Runtime
Hey guys like I said in my other post I'm saving up money towards a new system and hopefully will have around 1500 by end of year or early next year. I wanted you guys to look at my current system specs and tell me if you think it's time I do upgrade or should I wait? Also, is there anything you would recommend upgrading on my current setup? Currently I don't overclock as well......

Here is a list of my hardware:
--------------------------------
Motherboard - ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe
CPU - Intel Pentium 4 3.2 with Hyper Threading (not overclocked)
RAM - Kingston Hyper X DDR 400 2gb worth
Video card - BFG Nvidia 7800 GS AGP
Sound Card - Creative Audigy 2 ZS

Currently I have an OEM copy of XP pro for it but I had bought a retail full version of Vista Ultimate.

It's still a pretty decent system but is it time to upgrade or keep it for another 2 years?

Thanks

i think they should do you fine if your saving up for something big.
the only thing i would upgrade is maybe to a dual core cpu and thats only if your current one is slowing you down in any way
you can get a pentium D for like 60 bucks last time i checked

I think you should save for a new system. You could also sell your current, for a few hundred on ebay, for some extra cash.

Well I only have 100 saved up right now.... if I sold my computer I have now and could get 300 bucks then obviously 400 but it would still take me a few months to save almost 1000 even....

Do you think I should sell my system now and not wait any longer as it continues to depreciate?

Yea...you should. Well I don't know if you want to do it now. Do you have another system to use?...while you save up?

yeah wat till the nine serious comes out then u can pick up parts for cheap like 8800gts and e6750.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom