P5B Delux + Zalman Cooler and E6300, or E6700 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lowest model you mean the plain P35-DS3R? That's the one we recommend. However yes motherboards that support DDR2-677 will just about always support DDR2-800...

Yey ! i can get the top one :cool:. Sooo im thinking P35-DS3R, and a Zalman CNPS9500 ?? Or u recomend a better Heatsink ? The arctic freezer pro 7 is alot cheeper than the Zalman, is it better ?

A few questions, how come its better at half the price ?.

My dad has been building servers and pc's for about 15 years and now works on them all the time so he knows quite a bit, and he thinks its a bad idea to overclock because its unstgable and the system will hang alot... this true ?

Thanks Guys

It's definitely not a bad idea to overclock. It's the best idea to overclock. You get so much untapped performance for free. If it becomes unstable, than increase the voltage a tiny bit, until it is.

Your dad may have been building PC's for 15 years however overclocking has only recently (around 2002-2003) became safe and stable. Overclocking a Core 2 Duo is simple,safe, effective, and easy.

To test how stable of an overclock you get you use a Stress test which runs the CPU at 100% for hours...a CPU is stable on average if it passes that test for 6-8 hours...

Trust me it's safe and most of us on this site have done it.

Great ! the only overclocking ive really ever done was increaseing the frequency thing im not quite sure what it was.. it was at 266 something and i did it to 288. I didnt change multipier or voltage or ram latency and stuff like that.

Can someone explain what i will need to do and how to do it safely and get around the E6700 Level :D ...please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom