32-bit of any OS use only 3GB of RAM total?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no 2x512 sticks of HK..just 1Gb sticks and the XMS2 won't clock enarly as high as the HK's.

Yes that is the FSB: DRAM ratio...if you had a C2D stock you would need your ram running at DDr2-1033. if you ran at a 300 FSB then you could do a 1:2 ratio with Hk's however it doesn't matter if you want a massive overclock.

hey nice find of the RAM, i just looked at them. I remember asking about RAM in the past n this the type of RAM u suggested to me. Sry for making another thread about RAM, it's been many months since my computer crashed Feb, so i have no access to my favorites even though its all back up. I have almost every part i want to get at the end of the year/early next year on my HDD, now backuped on my external HDD.

ill put these ones on favorites again. If u think this is good RAM, ill make sure to tell my friend because he is thinking about upgrading his computer when the AMD quad-cores come out, the desktop ones.

thx for helping me out man, u n b1gapl r awesome! However, i got a question i want u to answer: Would it be a good idea to get 3GB of RAM instead of 2GB?

I'm planning on spending around $3100 at the end of the year/early next year, since im gonna get Vista Ultimate early to fix my computer, along with 2 x 512mb of DDR 400 SDRAM to have 2.25GB of RAM in this current computer, plus new case n x2 3800+ with a new heatsink n fan. Comes around to $735.

xp & vista 32 bit can both use *up to* 4 gigs, many times displaying it as 3 gigs for some reason I don't care to read about & explain, if that happens there are tweaks to fix that, if you want full use of 4 gigs or more you have to use 64 bit OS, and unless its a server I don't see a need for more than 2 gigs ATM.

The G.skill HK's are amazing ram for the price and they can reach unmatched speeds for the price. Honestly 2GB for gaming is plenty...I have XP and 2Gb and even on the most demanding games ive see my ram counter below 700heh.

The G.skill HK's are amazing ram for the price and they can reach unmatched speeds for the price. Honestly 2GB for gaming is plenty...I have XP and 2Gb and even on the most demanding games ive see my ram counter below 700heh.

lol nice job :)

..................................ur right................my friend has 4 x 512mb of DDR 400 SDRAM n can run any game perfect with his 7900 GTX.

alright alright u convinced me, ill get 2GB, then hopefully go to 3GB.

thx again Sora, have some vanilla ice cream!

would it not go from 2gb to 4gb since 3gb would not run in dual channel making it a waste of time compared to gettin 4gb

i dont think it will ever go to 3gb coz the 2gb ram will get better technology, and so i will be 2gb for a while

Yes your right...4Gb will be the next best upgrade to go dual Channel however It will take a while for even 3GB to become the standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom