Speakers and/or Headphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hate to jack the thread, but i didn't think making another thread to ask a simpler question would be necessary...does anyone know if my mobo supports 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound? i was thinking of getting some speakers for music and movie watching...plus it says if i plug in my headphones in the front, the back audio ports turn off...and if my front ports are off, then my rears are on..so i thought that was kinda cool

edit: nvm i think its 7.1...but ill just get something cheaper instead of 8 speakers

These speakers are AMAZING sound quality for the price...I have their 5.1 set big brother and I currently only use the front 2 and middle and its AWESOME with my cheap Audigy SE.
Newegg.com - Logitech X-230 32 watts RMS 2.1 Black Speaker System - OEM

Newegg is having a 9 buck sale right now through a promo code so they can be had for like 40 after shipping which for the quality you cant beat....for a headset these are on sale right 23 bucks plus shipping right now and they are very good for the price..
Newegg.com - SENNHEISER PC 140 Supra-aural Headset - Retail

I have the logitech x230 myself. But it sounds sooooo muffled... feels like it lacks treble. I think I've been spoiled with my previous Altec Lansing speakers 2.1, the Altec Lansing speakers I have is HEAVEN compared to the Logitech x230. But hey, I got the x230's (brand new) for free from a friend, so I can't complain. :)

ive seen sum of those altec lansing speakers round the place but never thought much of them. but by the sounds of it they must be pretty good.

those icemat ones look **** good. ive always wanted a big nice set a gaming headphones to see how good it sounds. or creative megaworks :D

I was going to get a cheap 30 buck set of Sennheiser PC140 for gaming...UNTIL I saw those icemats...The moment I saw them I knew I would be waiting to get them lol. I hear they sound great too and are incredibly comfy.

I got mine off buy.com for 49.99 heh

wait....

so i need something to plug into my speakers... which ones do i get? ppl don't want hearing pistols and rockets and rifles when i'm gaming....

Get the Sennheiser PC 140 while they are 8 dollars cheaper than they ever were....trust me they are a good set and if you don't like the behind the ear sytle then get the Planetronics

Get the Sennheiser PC 140 while they are 8 dollars cheaper than they ever were....trust me they are a good set and if you don't like the behind the ear sytle then get the Planetronics

oh ok thanks a bill.... i'll just book mark that icemat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom