Former president and CEO of ATI is quitting AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
Dave Orton quits AMD

i would like to say that this is very sad news, for every computer geek out there who know this guy. I'm sad by his mixed feelings about AMD but of course we will all miss him n hope that AMD is successful in finding a new CEO :(.

what is going to happen to AMD now? Will the Barcelona make the launch at the end of August, early September or will it be delayed again? Will Phenom n Phenom FX be delayed as well? Will the HD 2900 XTX ever be release?

only time will tell, n my message to AMD, good luck n dont give up!

OFF TOPIC:

I got a vid to show u guys that just came up on engadget.com, sry but way off topic :), i couldnt resist showing it:

Will it Blend: the iPhone smoothie - Engadget

More bad news for AMD/ATI. They were always my fav combo... i hope they bounce back, but until then ill go with whats best.

dang... seriously... this sucks... most DAM fanboys know who he is, (i'm no fanboy :p) but i doubt his resignation would cause any screwups on releases.... or would it??

don't know if it will screw up release dates but as a young professional who has personally worked for a company on a hard downward spiral a classic sign is the CEO resigning. Not saying the company is dead, but going through a difficult time for sure.

AMD/ATI is far enough behind they might have to go through a few quarters of losses before profitability, nothing to cheer about for tech enthusiasts.

don't know if it will screw up release dates but as a young professional who has personally worked for a company on a hard downward spiral a classic sign is the CEO resigning. Not saying the company is dead, but going through a difficult time for sure.

AMD/ATI is far enough behind they might have to go through a few quarters of losses before profitability, nothing to cheer about for tech enthusiasts.
AMD still has Hector Ruiz (original AMD CEO), and they are about to release Barcelona this year.

dang... seriously... this sucks... most DAM fanboys know who he is, (i'm no fanboy :p) but i doubt his resignation would cause any screwups on releases.... or would it??

EDIT this should say AMD fanboy lmao don't give me an infraction!!

For AMD's sake i hope their upcoming gpus/cpus overcome the intel/NV ones to keep the batlle going. i dont wanna end up only having one cpu to choose from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom