ATI Radeon 2900XT problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdcmoon

Baseband Member
Hi,

I am haveing problems with my 2900XT. When i play games and well into the game my monitor will go into stanby then come back and the game i was on will have a plain grey screen in which i cannot do anything. My pc then does not respond i have to end the game i was on through task manager. I get VPU error message asking me to send error report , this is starting to happen on a regular basis is there anything i could try?

Craig.

Hi,

I am haveing problems with my 2900XT. When i play games and well into the game my monitor will go into stanby then come back and the game i was on will have a plain grey screen in which i cannot do anything. My pc then does not respond i have to end the game i was on through task manager. I get VPU error message asking me to send error report , this is starting to happen on a regular basis is there anything i could try?

Craig.

what are your pc specs?

esp the details of your power supply

sometimes, when a background program interrupts the game, the game will minimize, or almost minimize, causing an lcd screen to go standby for a short period of time. When the game is displayed again, some of the textures loaded for the map will look off (tinted green or gray, or none at all, ect...), and sometimes the game will become mostly non-responsive because it already loaded the map and everything, but when the background program interrupted it, some of the memory that the map was already loaded on to might be used by the interrupting program (or at least im pretty sure thats why. but it does it anyway).

It happens a lot to me, so just try it and see if it fixes it or not.

i recently upgraded my pc with the following:

1 x AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ (2.6ghz) Socket AM2 Dual Core 1MB Cache Windsor Retail boxed Processor 117319 Invoiced Track £89.00 £89.00
1 x Coolermaster eXtreme Power 650W PSU - ATX 12V V2.01 120mm Fan 20+4pin 116522 Invoiced Track £67.00 £67.00
1 x Sapphire Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB GDDR3 Dual DVI VIVO PCI-E Graphics card 127550 Invoiced Track £208.02 £208.02
1 x MSI K9A Platinum SKT AM2 CrossFire Xpress 3200 UDMA133 Serial ATA-300 8-channel audio ATX 117019 Invoiced Track £58.00 £58.00

I run Windows XP Professional with SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom