So I have windows XP professional x64 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcat75

In Runtime
So I have windows XP professional x64 edition (evaluation version)

What do I have to do to make it permanent? Do I call up microsoft and tell them I want to pay to have it be permanent? Thanks.

aah. well, buying it would be a good idea :). either order it from somewhere and input the CD key, or hunt around on the microsoft website for something 'Windows Genuine Advantage' which you pay for and itll give u a CD key and post you a CD sometime later.

I once posted a free link to it. you just had to sacrifice your other xp. there are lot of ways around this though. like running dual boot xp and upgrading the second one

aah. well, buying it would be a good idea :). either order it from somewhere and input the CD key, or hunt around on the microsoft website for something 'Windows Genuine Advantage' which you pay for and itll give u a CD key and post you a CD sometime later.

Okay so I went to the genuine advantage page and got this:

Validation is not currently supported for this version of Windows or for this non-Microsoft operating system.

It appears that you are using an operating system that is not currently supported by the validation process. Only the following operating systems are currently supported:

* Windows XP Home Edition
* Windows XP Professional
* Windows XP Starter Edition
* Windows XP Media Center Edition
* Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
* Windows Vista

So what do I do now? Call microsoft and tell them I want to make the evaluation version permanent?

you are an ungrateful BuTCH. I posted that because I spent about 3 hour trying to find that link for you, because I knew that there was a place where you could get it for free. Well when I found it, I found that it had expired. since the forum had been upgraded you can't find old posts. but at least I had tried.

you can't make an evaluation version permanent. I might have gave you a copy of my xp 64 corporate if you weren't such a Duck

Gee whiz, I was just wanting to know some info on how to make it permanent, no need to get all PMSy on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom