ATI drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
is there any good custom ATI drivers out there like forceware for Nvidia?

i need some for the

x1950PRO
x600

thanks

I use 7.3 for my X1950PRO, and it works great. No problems at all. Newest one though, is 7.6...

Oh...I've heard of Omega drivers before...but I haven't heard much on how well they do.

ok, i was very weary of custom drivers but went ahead and tried omegas ATI drivers and... b1gapple you have the same card as me, though i have the AGP version and **** me what an improvement just with drivers..

im a very precise kinda guy so using CSS or (HL2 engines) "video Stress test"
before:
with 4 tests @ 1280x960 and all settings maxed i got an average of:
118.71FPS

AFTER:
with these new drivers over 4 tests same settings all maxed:
137.72FPS

Then i went on to OC my card by a very small amount to then get :
148.27FPS
im very impressed with these drivers and reccomend them to ATI users.

ok, i was very weary of custom drivers but went ahead and tried omegas ATI drivers and... b1gapple you have the same card as me, though i have the AGP version and **** me what an improvement just with drivers..

im a very precise kinda guy so using CSS or (HL2 engines) "video Stress test"
before:
with 4 tests @ 1280x960 and all settings maxed i got an average of:
118.71FPS

AFTER:
with these new drivers over 4 tests same settings all maxed:
137.72FPS

Then i went on to OC my card by a very small amount to then get :
148.27FPS
im very impressed with these drivers and reccomend them to ATI users.

i wonder if they have any for my radeon 9250? i looked and i can't find them!!!!

i've heard many good things, they released drivers for the radeon hd 2900

wow...impressive...I'll be sure to give them a shot. Which version did you use?

wait... isnt forceware those original drivers from nvidia? or are they like downloadable ones like from guru3d or something? i just use the downloaded one from nvidia and no other drivers. and also how does the driver affect the performance? and also what is the best driver for my 8800 gts 320mb?

Yes....forceware is from Nvidia. Omega has drivers for Nvidia cards, as well as ATI cards. I've also heard of this other 3rd party driver, called "war something". I can't remember.

Drivers do affect performance, as it is what drives the graphic card...lol...A good example of drivers affecting performance, is with the HD2900XT. With early drivers, it just plain sucked, and was beatened by it's designated competitor, which was the 8800GTS. Now with every new driver being released, the XT has shown significant improvement, and was able to compare with the GTX or even Ultra, in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom