Vista Installation Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitevision88

Baseband Member
I'm attempting to install a clean copy of Vista Ultimate on my system - it's running a gig of ram with an Athlon 64 3200+.

Two things-
Can I install the 32-bit edition on my 64-bit computer, will that work? (Maybe that will explain the next question.)

When I'm trying to install Vista on my computer, it loads the install files, and goes to a blank screen like this Putfile - Uploaded Picture , not really sure why, any explanation available would be great. I really need to get this to run so I can learn the ins and outs of it before my new laptop arrives.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, no I left it on that screen for as long as it stayed up - then it went to a black screen, obnoxiously enough. However, when I was running XP, I just installed the clean hard drive (it's a separate drive) like you would any normal secondary drive, and I ran the installation disc from inside of Windows, installing it separate of XP on the other drive. This worked properly with a little tweaking... Kind of weird though, I'd like to be able to install Vista without having to do it through Windows, but this works fine at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom