HP System Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

vertigo93

Baseband Member
Hey, not sure if any of you guys have an HP computer and have reformatted it or anything, but I'm planning to do so, but I'm not so sure.

The questions I have are:

Would I use HP System recovery or HP Application Recovery?

If I restore my entire system, will I no more sound driver, mouse, keyboard etc. or will they be in HP Recovery Drive D?

I may have some more questions, but I just can't fish them out right now.

Thanks for the help

Hey, not sure if any of you guys have an HP computer and have reformatted it or anything, but I'm planning to do so, but I'm not so sure.

The questions I have are:

Would I use HP System recovery or HP Application Recovery?

If I restore my entire system, will I no more sound driver, mouse, keyboard etc. or will they be in HP Recovery Drive D?

I may have some more questions, but I just can't fish them out right now.

Thanks for the help

they wouldn't do you like that. it put the comp back to it's store bought condition

if turns it back to store bought condition, does that mean i lose my files as well? and that means i keep the hardware drives?

Hello,

If you want to get rid of all your personal data files, and restore the system to it's factory condition, then you'll want to perform a HP destructive system recovery.

If you don't want any of your personal data files to be erased, but want to restore the Operating System files to their factory state, then you'll want to perform an HP non-destructive recovery.

As for drivers, you may need to obtain and install drivers for devices from the Internet or from a driver CD for additional hardware devices you've added (for example, a new graphics card that you may have put into the system). Hardware devices which came with the system when purchased will have device drivers available and installed automatically in the recovery process. Also, compatible device drivers may be available in Windows meaning you won't need to obtain and install drivers manually, though in some cases you will have to, and it's always best to obtain the latest drivers for your devices.

My Advice? Don't worry about device drivers at this stage. Worry about them after you've performed the destructive or non-destructive system recovery. That way you'll know which devices Windows has not been able to find and install a compatible driver for.

Always back up any important data files onto a removable medium (external hard drive, flash drive, CD / DVD etc...) before performing a destructive recovery, and even a non-destructive recovery.

so Alvin, if I choose to do a destructive system recovery, my system will go back to when i first got it, only having the basic HP Programs and recovery options? and with the non-destructive recovery, I just have my software back to its out of the box state, but i would still have my documents and stuff?

and what if i haven't added any hardware drivers? would i have nothing to worry about?

it easier to go the destructive route, after you have back your data up. the non destructive route can possibly leave viruses around

but either one i choose, my system will have the software it had when it first came out of the box, hardware drivers and all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom