Error While Booting to Windows XP home cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragoonKongol

Baseband Member
When i boot to the windows xp home cd i get the error message stating " The Entry ""mraid35x.sys"" in the [SourceDiskFiles] in the INF file is corrupt or missing." I have tried multiple combinations different cd-roms and harddrives and cds but get the same result on this pc. Any idea on what i an do, im thinking maybe a BIOS flash ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you are trying to install XP Home on a sata drive the error there would suggest the need for a driver floppy. You would press F6 when the SATA/RAID option comes up to have the drivers loaded then. From there the XP Installer will detect the drive. This would be the first thought since the board will need those.

The Mraid35x.sys is not an MS file but made by LSI Logic Corporation. It used for a MegaRAID controller. For that you need a driver disk. It's not bad ram or the optical drive used but a lack of loading the necessary drivers off of a floppy.

run memtest86, then post back to let us know that the ram had errors. I've worked on a hundred computer with this problem. it's always either a bad cd rom drive, a scratched xp cd or bad ram.

that's a driver that is already on the xp cd. for some reason it's not reading it right

I've seen where memtest reported over 500 errors on perfect working memory due to other hardware problems. When the memory was installed on another board 0% errors were found with memtest there. It would more likely a scratched or finger marked disk or failing optical drive or possibly even an old ribbon cable needing replacement.

I've seen where memtest reported over 500 errors on perfect working memory due to other hardware problems. When the memory was installed on another board 0% errors were found with memtest there. It would more likely a scratched or finger marked disk or failing optical drive or possibly even an old ribbon cable needing replacement.

certain ram sometime don't like certain mobo's. that's rare though. instead of starting a debate just do a post history on me here and watch how I solve this problem for people at least 20 different times. when your ram starts to fail, it can't read the files on the xp cd during an install.

That was seen with two completely different makes and types of memory on the same board. That would be a matched pair of 512s Corsair xms series memory and then 2gb of Kingston Value Ram on an Asus board. When tested on the new board both sets were found error free. Often enough a simple restart of the installer after a good lens cleaning and inspection of the disk will see Windows go right on.

That was seen with two completely different makes and types of memory on the same board. That would be a matched pair of 512s Corsair xms series memory and then 2gb of Kingston Value Ram on an Asus board. When tested on the new board both sets were found error free. Often enough a simple restart of the installer after a good lens cleaning and inspection of the disk will see Windows go right on.

I guess that you missed the part about him saying that he swap the drives and CDs and hdds. that left the only other culprit that can stop you from installing xp. BAD RAM. sometime bad ram will let you install xp but it will be missing a lot of features like internet explorer. I'm not about to go digging up old posts because the new forum can't find post from the old one.

but I've solve this problem for plenty of people.

And what if memtest finds no errors with the memory installed? hhmm... Bad ram can always cause a number of problems. But as I just pointed out you can't always go 100% by memtest to see accurate results! I've seen where you simply had to restart the installation a few times and then suddenly everything goes normal with no hardwares to blame. A bad install disk will also cause a few headaches/ Have you considered a flaw in the disk itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom