Time to choose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
Well, my Birthday is coming up and I was thinking about getting an 8800 GTX that I will be paying mostly. I don't have a credit card and my parents aren't exactly too keen on the idea of using their credit card to buy a $500+ product online, but at this point I can't otherwise, since almost all 8800GTXs at stores cost over 600 dollars and that doesn't include the $40+ tax. So I guess my real present is using her credit card to buy it, especially since I've used it to buy a 700 dollar Newegg shopping cart last Christams.

I was thinking between these too.

Newegg.com - MSI NX8800GTX-T2D768E-HD OC GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

and

Newegg.com - EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

The MSI has the best value, lower initial price and even lower after rebates, pre-OCed, and Company of Heroes is included which is about a 40 dollar value and I was planning on buying that separate but now I'm thinking about the MSI.

I'm not going to be surprised if I get posts like "Get eVGA, they rule!" or some crap like that. I know EVGA is a good company, I've been using them for a little while, but it is almost 57-77 dollars more if you include the price of Company of Heroes. And I could buy a 1-2 year net replacement plan for that.

I guess my real question is, how good is MSI as a VGA company? I've used their motherboards before and they are pretty good quality and I've never heard anything bad about their VGA cards but nothing exceptionally good either.

My 7800GTX was a MSI, and it was solid. MSI puts out good stuff, period.

Well, I won't be ordering it till this weekend after I get my next paycheck, but I hope MSI is still going to keep the CoH bundle included. I also plan on getting another stick of this DDR2, I was thinking about getting 2GB DDR2 800 for better overclocking, but I feel that it's not worth paying a whole other 50-60+ bucks for.

I hope I won't have any problem fitting it in my mid-tower, it will be a pain if I have to move my drive bay.

Well EVGA has decent warranty. Not sure if you care though.

Manufacturer Warranty
Parts Lifetime limited
Labor Lifetime limited

but the MSI has a higher clock speed

that MSI looks nice, not to mention i love the anime they put on the coolers :)

MSi make solid GPU's.....there is no reason to pay 40 bucks more for the same chip the manufacturer is reputable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom