Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Time to choose

Click Here to Login
Thread: Time to choose
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Waphlez
Monster Techie

Default Time to choose

Well, my Birthday is coming up and I was thinking about getting an 8800 GTX that I will be paying mostly. I don't have a credit card and my parents aren't exactly too keen on the idea of using their credit card to buy a $500+ product online, but at this point I can't otherwise, since almost all 8800GTXs at stores cost over 600 dollars and that doesn't include the $40+ tax. So I guess my real present is using her credit card to buy it, especially since I've used it to buy a 700 dollar Newegg shopping cart last Christams.

I was thinking between these too.

Newegg.com - MSI NX8800GTX-T2D768E-HD OC GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

and

Newegg.com - EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

The MSI has the best value, lower initial price and even lower after rebates, pre-OCed, and Company of Heroes is included which is about a 40 dollar value and I was planning on buying that separate but now I'm thinking about the MSI.

I'm not going to be surprised if I get posts like "Get eVGA, they rule!" or some crap like that. I know EVGA is a good company, I've been using them for a little while, but it is almost 57-77 dollars more if you include the price of Company of Heroes. And I could buy a 1-2 year net replacement plan for that.

I guess my real question is, how good is MSI as a VGA company? I've used their motherboards before and they are pretty good quality and I've never heard anything bad about their VGA cards but nothing exceptionally good either.

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.