Too cold??

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok also, no one really answered my question.. if im gonna be using a compressor and then i will be using antifreeze.. will the cpu beable to handle like -20 F?

well.. right now i have my aquarius III. for some reason my CPU runs very very hot. When i had it OCed, i had to put it back to normal cause when i would play a game or w/e the CPU temp would go up to 130-140F. So i had to put it back to 2.66. So the compressor would make the antifreeze really cold. But i need to know becuase i need to see if this will work or not..

I have heard of people cooling with liquid nitrogen to -156C, and the cpu clocked stupidly far and it goes like nothing you have ever seen. i dont think that you could cool your cpu to much, unless your mobo shatters, or if u have a particularly unstable cpu.

Read the second reply in this thread. People have cooled way past -20 F and the CPU ran faster than they could imagine. So yes the CPU should handle -20F with no problem.

alright this thread has gone way too far. cooling down to those temps will not damage your processor. no need for any more responses

If you are going to get that good of a cooling unit then overclock that thing til it gets to 30 degrees celsius or sometin so you won't worry about the cold thing.

just to clear shizhit up here, at absolute zero, the atom on a electron's orbit colapses to the core. Fermilab, in Illinois, an instituion that's splitting atoms right now give their best to bring the temp of the pipeline through which they run the electron cloud as low as possible. I know the guy that conducts the tests, and the reason they get w/in a degree of absolute zero is to improve electrical flow. now i don't know if at absolute zero current would still run through it, even though i believe it would, but i know that at a temperature way above absolute zero shit could shatter on yer motherboard. not only due to vibration from the harddrive, case fans, and all the other shit, but the connections would expand in the processor and would eventually either explode if at the outside (the pins would pop off), or imploade close to the ends. probably both. Also, if you wuold get to ab zero, or close to it, you'd need EXTREMLY rare metals to run the electrical current through it, w/ no impurities and oriented the right way. so all the bullshit about light speed and crap, forget it.
Nobody has ever reached ab zero yet. we dont even know exactly wat would happen when we did.
now to answer the question, as long as you don't see frost building up in yer case, it's all good. however, do contact your processor manufacturer before you **** around w/ it

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom