windows xp home/pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan9562

In Runtime
hi,
My mate had a problem with his copy of xp pro, so we rang a support person..who said we needed to re install xp pro. I did this for him by installing his drive on my computer as a slave as his computer would not boot. I booted my pc....and installed xp pro on his hard drive. I am using xp home. Whenever i boot up my computer it says do i want to run xp pro or home? How can i get rid of this......?

You can go into System Properties, click on the Advanced Tab,Click on Startup & Recovery & select XP home as your default. I'm trying to figure out why you're getting the dual boot option if ya had it on a separate drive as far as XP Pro goes:confused:

ok thanks man....well i thought it mite be something in the registry...telling the computer that xp pro was there....but when i load it it just says cannot find...some file.....anyway thanks for your help!

kboy said:
You can go into System Properties, click on the Advanced Tab,Click on Startup & Recovery & select XP home as your default. I'm trying to figure out why you're getting the dual boot option if ya had it on a separate drive as far as XP Pro goes:confused:

Because if you setup/install another Windows OS while booted up in Windows, Windows will actually create a boot.ini file located on the root directory that contains the paths to the different OSes available. You can simply edit that file w/ notepad and delete the line that references XP Pro.

You're right Lonewolf, Now that I think about it. I didn't read the post properly. Didn't see the "Slave" portion. Thought I was losing it there...LOL. Thanks :D

No prob. It's nice that XP gives you that option ...it's prololy more convenient to do it that way anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom