College Laptop Help Me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlekurt39

Solid State Member
Hi, I am transferring to an Engineering college and a laptop with the following specifications is required:

CPU: Dual-Core
System RAM: 1 GB
Optical Drive: Combo Drive (DVD/CD-RW)
Hard Drive: 60GB-5400RPM
Video RAM: 64MB (I would like 128 for gaming if possible and cheap enough)
Wireless: 802.11 a/b/g
Warranty: 3-year parts and labor

I would like a laptop that can handle your basic computer/student engineering tasks, as well as a decent gaming machine. Nothing too serious on the games, just enough to run Diablo/Guildwars nicely.

my budget im not sure of yet, id say $700-$1200.

Any tips/suggestions/makes/models?

-Kurt

From Cyberpowerpc.com or ibuypower.com, you can get a 15.4 inch laptop with:

Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz
80 gig 7200rpm HDD
1 gig (1x1gb) ram
DVD Burner drive
256mb Go7600---- one of the better lappy video cards, will game pretty well
Vista home premium i think
built in wireless
decent warranty, can be upped if you wish

i think it comes out to just under 1200 which is a phenominal deal, that's a great laptop.

Cybpower isn't my first choice, not great Reseller Ratings reviews. I like MSI or Asus laptops a lot. Very dependable and high quality.
<looks down at sig>...

Just get a "crappy" Dell for 1000 or less. I've played guild wars on an fx5200 and it handled it pretty well... so any laptop dell sells will be able to play the games you are going after fine.

This one's not bad:
Newegg.com - ThinkPad T Series T60(200759U) NoteBook Intel Core Duo T2400(1.83GHz) 15.0" XGA 512MB 60GB 7200rpm DVD/CD-RW Combo ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 - Retail

It's the cheapest one with dedicated graphics so you can play games decently, plus it's dual core. It only comes with 512mb of ram, buy you can add another gig for about $40 more, so no big deal there.

Play games decently? The games he mentioned would be running amazing on that laptop. I would aslo recommend getting a gig of ram for that system. Do that and you wlil have a very nice laptop. I currently have a T60 and I adore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom