CD/DVD Drives and for Gaming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Requiring a CD to play doesn't really mean that it is reading any data from the CD rom drive."

I thought the game data is read through the hard drive but the secure rom crap that requires the cd I believe is utilizing the cd/dvd rom. Regardless, it is a slight performance boost to run games with no cd/dvd......for whatever reason.

lol that or u can use a program like daemontools or alcohol 59, it creates virtual drives... so that u can play :) which comes in handy

no whiney noise!! plus it removes stuff like safedisc... annoying safedisc... btw if u get daemontools, don't install their toolbar (read during the setup) the toolbar is an adware, the rest is safe

eh i got norton 360 protecting me, i got it from that site lol (no really):D .

thats where i always get my games from

lol that or u can use a program like daemontools or alcohol 59, it creates virtual drives... so that u can play :) which comes in handy

I've downloaded daemon tools, but it doesn't let you play games like FEAR and DOOM3 with an image disc. I couldn't figure it out anyway. The startup menu's to the games work but it never starts the game.

Get something like sd4hide, and run it in the background while you play your games. Then when you're done, just hit the 'restore' button. Doing it that way takes more time IMO, and just using a nocd/dvd works just as good if not better (i've even been able to update a game for online play [AvP2] with a no cd/dvd in place).

And to stay on topic... The more you use your drive, the less it'll last. Using the laser to burn discs will wear the laser out faster than just using it to read discs, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom