Cheapo surround sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
Ok, so i have these 2 old dell speakers, a left and a right. And i was wondering, if i plug them into the rear output for my motherboard, will it work like 4.1 surround sound? and if not, it there any way i can pick up 2 cheap rear left and right speakers? also, i have an old soundcard in my dell, all i can tell is that it's a sound blaster live 24 bit card, made in like 2003. will that possibly be better than my onboard sound im using now?

Ok, so i have these 2 old dell speakers, a left and a right. And i was wondering, if i plug them into the rear output for my motherboard, will it work like 4.1 surround sound? and if not, it there any way i can pick up 2 cheap rear left and right speakers? also, i have an old soundcard in my dell, all i can tell is that it's a sound blaster live 24 bit card, made in like 2003. will that possibly be better than my onboard sound im using now?

To (sort of) discuss your last question first, it is hard to say. New mobos come with pretty good onboard sound, the best way would be to install it, and see which you like better.

As for the speakers, yes you can use them by plugging them into the rear speaker ports, however, you will need some sort of amplifier, either seperate, or in the speakers (if they have it...). They may not sound great but i cant see any reason it wont work.

I didnt want to mention 5.1s as i thought that the reason that he was asking about 4.1s was that his rig may not be 5.1 compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom