celeron 2.0 vs. celeron 2.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
P4 is MUCH faster than any Celeron. Celeron is good for windows applications, simple and basic internet browsing, etc. Would not recommend it if u are focusing on a gaming PC. Go with AMD. AMD 64 preferably. You will notice a H U G E difference going from a Celeron to a AMD64.

I want to say a few points
* CPU speed doesn't affect internet speed, your modem does
* the amount of MHz doesn't necessarily affect performance, it's what it can do per clock cycle

e.g. a 1.67GHZ Athlon XP 2500+ performs about the same as a P4 that runs at 2.5GHZ

(2.5 / 1.67)*100 = 150% better performance the Athlon XP has clock for clock over the P4

yeah, but i only have a socket 478 board and don't really want to have to go the route of buying a whole new mobo just to get the AMD. I'll maybe save my ducats though for either a p4 2.8 or and AMD mobo.

The prob w/getting a whole new mobo for me that turns me away from doing so is that I DO NOT want to have reformat my drive for it. Way too much software to lose that I don't want to have to go thru trying to reaquire.

clockgen

click here for clock gen. just be real careful using it. I ended up getting a P42.4 and is now oc'd @ 2.8.

This mobo is from an HP and it is locked in the bios for oc'ing. Things have greatly improved by getting the P4, and all the various specs and scores are in my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom